Thursday, January 7, 2010

1250 Tourny is coming, and Divine inspiration has come to me

I was making my army, trying to figure out how to make a solid list.  I was building off my 1000 list and had the following as my core

2 Vendettas
2 Battle Tanks
1 Plasma command squad + officer of the fleet (chimera)

The problems was troops, I could not afford to put both my 2 plasma chimera squads out there + my 2 melta squads in my vendettas.  I had a few options

1  Drop Command squad down to a psyker  (saves points, gain a lot of str 6 shots) lose plasma and tank
2  Run an empty Vendetta (  lose scoring mobility)
3 Drop one plasma troop squad (lose plasma shots and 1 las cannon

So I decided to go with 3.  Purchased my troops
1 Vet (Chimera 3 plas, 1 LC)
2 Vet (3 melta)

And with my left over points
Marbo is back to lay havoc in the backfield to those loots hiding and trying to shoot me.

So my army looks like this
2 LRBT with LC add on
1 Command squad (3 plasma + Chimera)
1 Vet (3 plasma +chimera +1 LC)
2 Vendettas + 2 HB
2 Vet (3 Melta, In vendettas)
1 Marbo the all powerful

I am toying with dropping one of the plas from the command squad and changing it to a Las Cannon using the last of my 5 remaining points

The last option I am toying with is dropping a LRBT and going with a Manicore.  I lose an armor 14 piece but get some big alpha strike str 10 capability (d3 big blast barrage + indirect fire).

Any thoughts on this

1 comment:

  1. I like Marbo, and I like the Manicore. Good for hordes, which is only going to increase after this tournament, and vehicle killing too. Plus indirect which is great at GK.

    ReplyDelete